1. It’s that time of year: Which character in the Peanuts cartoon spends his Halloweens, not trick or treating, but waiting in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin to appear?
2. The many “Save Door-to-Door” signs throughout Sarnia are drawing greater local attention to saving what?
3. The last song that Rodgers and Hammerstein wrote together was an ode to what flower in The Sound of Music
4. Raised in Corunna, Rob Thompson now wears pinstripes as the third base coach of what Major League Baseball team?
5. The modern version of what team sport grew out of a Native American game called “baggataway”?
6. In which decade was Imperial Oil established in Sarnia?
7. In 2012, what Canadian became the oldest person ever to win an Oscar?
8. In 1679, what French explorer sailing the Griffon named the site on which Sarnia sits as “The Rapids”?
9. Ironically, upon his retirement as Crayola’s senior crayon maker for 37 years, Emerson Moser revealed he suffered from a form of what?
10. One of Mongolia’s main occupations is raising what animals to produce cashmere?
– Tom St. Amand
ANSWERS: 1 – Linus; 2 – Door to door postal national service by Canada Post; 3 – Edelweiss; 4 – New York Yankees; 5 – Lacrosse; 6 – 1890s (1898); 7 – Christopher Plummer (Supporting Actor in Beginners); 8 – La Salle (Rene-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle); 9 – Colour Blindness; 10 – Goats