A 33-year-old Sarnia man faces several charges after police in London were called to a single vehicle collision on the westbound 401 around 7:50 a.m., Sunday.
“It was determined the driver had previously consumed alcohol,” a Middlesex OPP news release noted. “An Approved Screening Device (ASD) was utilized. The driver was arrested and transported to the Middlesex OPP detachment where further tests were administered.”
As a result, the man has been charged under the Criminal Code, Cannabis Control Act, Highway Traffic Act, Liquor Licence Control Act and Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act with:
· Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
· Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available
· Careless driving
· Driver fail to surrender licence
· Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle
· Colour coating obscuring interior
· Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor
· Fail to surrender insurance card
The accused has been released from police custody and is scheduled to appear in court on May 2, 2023.