1. How many standard time zones are there in the world?
2. This is no April Fool’s Joke: Locally, what will be closing for resurfacing and undercoating for three months (scheduled April 1 to July 1)?
3. Matthew Perry and Thomas Lennon star as Oscar and Felix in what 2015 TV sitcom?
4. When Sarnia officially became a city in 1914, who was Canada’s Prime Minister? (A street in Sarnia is named for him)
5. When medieval Europeans mentioned Cathay, they referred to a country we now call what?
6. What award did 15-year-old Sarnian Alysha Bellyk win earlier this year – an award that has her going to a national competition in August?
7. The standard wedding vow of “to love, honour and cherish” used to read “to love, honour and _______”?
8. What flowers appear on Sarnia’s official crest or coat of arms? a) Trilliums b) Guernsey Lilies c) Daffodils
9. What English idiom evolved from the ancient legend about a bird, silent throughout its lifetime, that sings loudly just before death?
10. According to Emily Post, the etiquette expert, when is it acceptable to text while dining?
– Tom St. Amand
ANSWERS: 1 – 24; 2 – Original Blue Water Bridge (North span); 3 – The Odd Couple; 4 – Robert Borden; 5 – China; 6 – Miss Teenage Sarnia; 7 – Obey; 8 – b) Guernsey Lilies; 9 – Swan Song; 10 – When you are dining alone