Sign up for our free weekday bulletin.

City residents escape carbon monoxide leak

Published on

A working carbon monoxide alarm is credited with saving the lives of four city residents last week.

Sarnia fire crews responded to an alarm in the 400 block of London Road in the early morning hours of Oct. 18 and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the multi-residential home.

Firefighters had to waken one resident who hadn’t responded to the alarm.

Union Gas officials later traced the source of the poisonous gas to a furnace.

The incident was another example of working alarms saving lives, said Mike Otis, the fire department’s education officer.

If you hear an alarm, he advised, get outside quickly before calling 911.

 

More like this