The Sarnia Journal is looking for a full-time reporter/photographer to work with the editor and a terrific team of editorial freelancers.
We’re looking for a candidate able to:
- Write clear, well-crafted features and news stories.
- Cover events and people stories as assigned.
- Shoot interesting photos with a DSLR camera.
- Monitor and engage in social media.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Some evening and weekend work
- The successful applicant will also learn editor responsibilities and fill in as needed.
The successful applicant must have:
- A clean, clear writing style
- A journalism degree or diploma.
- The ability to come up with interesting story ideas
- A reliable car and driver’s licence
- A laptop computer
- Basic understanding of CP style
- Time management skills
Preference will be given to applicants who are familiar with Sarnia and its unique culture and institutions. Some newspaper reporting experience an asset.
NO phone inquiries.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted. Serious applicants can send resumes, along with writing and photography clippings, by March 1 to: