The business elite of Sarnia-Lambton donned their finery Friday night for the 26th annual Outstanding Business Achievement Awards.
An audience of more 450 packed the black tie event at Sarnia’s Imperial Theatre to watch the awards presentations.
Eighty-six nominees were up for 15 awards in categories ranging from accessibility and diversity to business leadership and customer service.
“When a peer or a customer or someone notices that you or your business deserves to be recognized as outstanding, that is a win in itself,” said Rory Ring, president and CEO of the Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce.
This year’s winners are:
1. Employee relations award: Teppermans
Sponsored by Nova Chemicals
2. Young entrepreneur award: Lamar Hanna, Centre Point IDA
Sponsored by Sarnia Lambton Business Development Corp
3. Business leadership award: Mark Lumley
Sponsored by Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership. Part.
4. Innovation: Ask Guy Event Graphics
Sponsored by Western Research Park
5. Marketing & promotions award: One Tooth Activewear
Sponsored by – Bluewater Power
6. Health safety and environment award: Anderson-Webb
Sponsored by IEC & SLEA
7. Social profit (not for profit) of the year award: The Inn Of The Good Shepherd
Sponsored by Lehder Environmental Services
8. Outstanding customer service individual: David Noel, Investors Group
Sponsored by – RBC Royal Bank
9. Outstanding customer service – up to 49 employees: Can Grow Crop Solutions
Sponsored by Best Western Guildwood Inn
10. Outstanding customer service-over 50 employees: Lowes
Sponsored by Ontario Power Generation
11. Member of the year award: Kelly Ash
Sponsored by – Sarnia Lambton Imperial Theater
12. Diversity leadership award: Lambton College
Sponsored by – TD Canada Trust
13. Accessibility leadership award: Pathways Health Centre For Children
Sponsored by – Goodwill E.K.L.
14. Small business of the year – up to 49 employees: Magermans & Raes
Sponsored by CIBC
15. Large business of the year – over 50 employees: WorleyParsons
Sponsored by – Scotiabank
Patti-Jo Pumple and Heather Park, franchisees of One Tooth Active Wear, received the Marketing and Promotions award. Troy Shantz
Sarah Woodley of 99.9 FM The Fox and John Hollingsworth of Electro-Byte Technologies take a ‘selfie’ as members of Lil Chicago look on.
Myles Vanni, executive director of the Inn of the Good Shepherd, receives a hug from operations manager Adelle Richards after the agency won the Social Profit of the Year Award. Troy Shantz
Guy Langevin, owner of AG Event Graphics & Signs, expresses his thanks after the company won the Innovation Award. Troy Shantz