The City of Sarnia has presented its annual Accessibility Awards to individuals and companies that go above and beyond in providing services to people with disabilities.
This year’s winners are:
* RBC Lambton Mall Road – Prelude to Excellence (large business);
* Junior Baker – Prelude to Excellence (small business);
* The Judith and Norman Alix Art Gallery Staff, for Artpod Program– Exceptional Leadership in Customer Service;
* Holly Wenning, Amy Mayea, Jenn-Brown Nead, for Expressive Arts Program – Creating Opportunity for an Accessible Community;
* Patodia Eye Institute – Exceptional Accessible Physical Environment;
* Detroit Metro Shuttle Inc. – Going Above and Beyond Award;
* Sarah Nishimura-Nissen – Champion for Inclusive Employment Award;
* Amber Harding – Emerging Leader in Accessibility and Inclusion;
* Lynne Betteridge, for Women in Touch – Age-Friendly Sarnia Award.