1. Which denomination of currency is sometimes referred to as a “C Note”?
2. Sarnia’s motto in Latin “Sarnia Semper” means what in English?
3. “When I See an Elephant Fly”, a song from Disney’s animated film Dumbo, is sung by what type of birds?
4. An integral part of Sarnia’s waterfront since 1970, what building will be demolished in mid-October?
5. What element on the periodic table is named after the seventh planet from the sun?
6. The recent 11th Annual Jazz and Blues in the Village event in Sarnia raised money for S.O.D.A., an acronym that stands for what?
7. A roaring lion is the symbol of what movie studio?
8. What racquet sport – a combination of tennis, table tennis and badminton – is
played outdoors at Germain Park and indoors at St. Matthew’s School?
9. How many letters of the alphabet are used in the Roman numeral system?
10. In 1913, Adolf Hitler, Leon Trotsky, Joseph Stalin, Sigmund Freud and Joseph Tito all lived within four kilometres of one another in what major European city?
– Tom St. Amand
ANSWERS: 1 – $100 bill; 2 – Sarnia Always; 3 – Crows; 4 – MacLean Centre; 5 – Uranium; 6 – Sarnia Organ Donor Awareness; 7 – MGM (Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer); 8 – Pickle Ball; 9 – Seven; 10 – Vienna