Sign up for our free weekday bulletin.

St. Pat’s high school – then and now

Published on

THEN, ABOVE: The last graduating class at St. Patrick’s High School on East Street assembled for this group photo, taken on May 22, 2014. When the school first opened in 1955 as Central Collegiate, Sarnia was growing so rapidly that planning began immediately for the construction of what would become Northern Collegiate. Glenn Ogilvie file photo

NOW, BELOW: ¬†Demolition crews are busy levelling the East Street building even as trustees prepare to vote on closing another secondary school in the city’s south end because of declining enrolment. Bluewater Health is in negotiations with the Catholic school board for the purchase of the St. Pat’s lands. This photo was taken April 13, 2016. Glenn Ogilvie

Central Collegiate-St. Patrick's High School demolition

 

More like this