The Sarnia-Lambton Sports Hall of Fame’s annual induction dinner is returning this fall after a two-year absence.
It was cancelled in 2020 and 2021 by the COVID-19 pandemic after 37 consecutive years.
The banquet will be held Oct. 15 at the Sarnia Golf and Curling Club, said Hall of Fame president Pete Coenjarts.
Anyone wishing to nominate someone for induction can call Coenjarts at 519-542-4095.
Categories cover professional and amateur athletes as well as a team award. They include the:
* Bud Morrison Award: for long-term and significant contributions to youth in sports.
* Builder Award: for contributions in the establishment of a sport or in keeping it alive.
* Earl Mackenzie Award: recognizes people involved in a sport for at least 30 years.
* Bud Haveling Special Achievement Award: for contributions to sports beyond athletics.
* Joe DeRush Memorial Award: for athletes with disabilities.
* Pappy Burr Award: for a student entering post secondary education.
* Jack Isom Award: for athletes in international and/or Olympic Games.
* Rose Hodgson Award: for significant community contributions.
The Hall is also seeking volunteers to serve on its board of directors.