ServiceOntario is moving permanently to the Lambton County Courthouse building complex at 700 Christina St. North, Unit 102, starting Tuesday Feb. 2.
For years, local residents have gone to the downtown Bayside Mall to renew driving licences and Ontario health cards, but that is changing.
ServiceOntario has operated as part of Lambton “shared services,” a kind of one-stop-shop where all levels of government services were available in one location.
However, federal services moved to Exmouth Street some time ago and now the provincial services are moving as well.
Meanwhile, the Bayside Mall has new ownership and is undertaking a massive redevelopment that includes seniors housing.
The new ServiceOntario location opens 10 a.m. Tuesday. The current location will permanently close 12 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 29.
For services on the afternoon of Friday, Jan. 29, and on Monday, Feb. 1, visit the Petrolia centre at 4178 Petrolia Line.
The hours of operation at the new Sarnia ServiceOntario centre will be Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
During the pandemic, the Ontario government is encouraging online renewal of items such as licence plate stickers and driver’s licences at ServiceOntario.ca/Services.
In total, more than 40 services are available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with new paperwork mailed directly to you.
* Appointment booking is available at select ServiceOntario centres. To book an appointment, visit Ontario.ca/Appointment.
* Some locations are currently operating with reduced hours.
* To check the updated operating times for locations, visit ServiceOntario.ca.
* Travellers returning to Ontario are required by law to self-isolate for 14 days. You should not visit ServiceOntario centres while in self-isolation.
* Call ServiceOntario toll-free:1-800-267-8097 or TTY:1-800-268-7095.