1. Time Magazine’s 2014 Person of the Year went, not to an individual, but to health care workers who are still fighting the outbreak of what disease?
2. To commemorate Sarnia’s 100th anniversary, who recently donated a gazebo to Centennial Park for residents to use?
3. Ernst Stavro Blofeld, a character rumoured to be played by Christopher Waltz in the upcoming film SPECTRE, has often been the antagonist to which movie character?
4. A group of employees from what local workplace recently plunged into the cold waters of Lake Huron to raise money for the World Wild Life Federation`s Arctic Home Campaign?
5. The first and the last name of what famous Spanish tenor translate to “quiet or calm Sunday” in English?
6. Sarnia sign artist Dave Beatty recently completed a new face mural for Sir Joseph Hobson who was the chief engineer for what 1891 engineering feat in Sarnia?
7. In the comic strip Peanuts, what is the surname of siblings Linus and Lucy?
8. What Sarnia service club will be holding its Bluewaterland Annual Book Sale this weekend at the Bayside Mall?
9. On January 15th, 2009, US Airways Captain “Sully” Sullenberger saved the lives of the 155 passengers and crew when he safely landed his crippled airplane on what river?
10. In the famous poem “Casey at the Bat”, how many men were on base when the mighty Casey struck out?
– Tom St. Amand
ANSWERS: 1 – Ebola; 2 – The Village of Point Edward; 3 – James Bond; 4 – Point Edward Casino; 5 – Placido Domingo; 6 – The completion of the original St. Clair Tunnel; 7 – Van Pelt; 8 – Rotary Club of Sarnia; 9 – Hudson River in New York; 10 – Two