1. In the Sound of Music song “Do-Re-Mi”, what does the note “so” (or sol) represent?
2. Sarnia’s Dante Club houses indoor courts for the playing of what popular game?
3. What do the letters HOV stand for in reference to an expressway lane usually marked
with large diamond shapes on the pavement?
4. Since the presentation of its first film, Canadian Bacon in 1995, what non-profit local
organization has screened over 200 films?
5. In fashion, “YSL” refers to which French label?
6. Built in 1965 at a cost of 1.5 million dollars, what Christina Street building opened
officially on May 7th, 1965 with Lieutenant Governor Rowe in attendance?
7. For the first time ever in a Major League Baseball game, what happened at Camden Yards min Baltimore when the Orioles played the White Sox last week?
8. Starting in mid-May, sixteen teams will be competing at the Point Edward Arena in what sport?
9. The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, the fifth of May, celebrates the Mexican victory over what country’s militia at the Battle of Puebla in 1862?
10. In Troy, Ohio on June 26, 1974, what was significant about the sale of a ten-pack of
Juicy Fruit gum at a local supermarket?
– Tom St. Amand
1 – A needle pulling thread; 2 – Bocce; 3 – High Occupancy Vehicles (minimum of two people in vehicle); 4 – cineSarnia; 5 – Yves Saint Laurent; 6 – Sarnia City Hall; 7 – No spectators in the stands; The game was closed to the public due to recent rioting; 8 – Ball Hockey; 9 – France; 10 – A product with a bar code was scanned for the first time.