1. Hippocrates, who wrote the Hippocratic Oath, is known as the Father of what?
2. Pending approval, what did Derian Hatcher and David Legwand recently purchase in Sarnia from Rob and Larry Ciccarelli?
3. What does “SPF” mean on sunscreen containers?
4. What Sarnia-born woman became the first female to hold a vice-regal post in the Commonwealth when she was appointed Ontario’s Lt. Gov. in 1974? (Hint: A school is named for her)
5. What beverage became the “victory drink” of the Indy 500, following a tradition set by the 1936 winner, Louis Meyer?
6. Heath McCormick, who was born in Lansing, Michigan but resides in Sarnia, excels at what winter sport?
7. “When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are . . .” are lines from a song in what Disney animated movie?
8. What section of Canatara Park is commonly known by a name that was inspired from a fictional character created by author Edgar Rice Burroughs?
9. What publication trademarked the slogan “Enquiring minds want to know”?
10. Tom Brady and Shakira are born; Star Wars premiered in theaters; and the world mourned the passing of Elvis Presley. Name the decade for one point; get the year for two points.
– Tom St. Amand
ANSWERS: 1 – Medicine; 2 – Sarnia Sting ; 3 – Sun Protection Factor; 4 – Pauline McGibbon; 5 – Milk; 6 – Curling; 7 – Pinocchio; 8 – Tarzanland; 9 – National Enquirer; 10 – 1970s (1977)