1. In what year was Mike Bradley first elected as mayor of Sarnia?
2. What federal cabinet minister recently caused a controversy when he donned a T-shirt bearing the logo of a pro-gun lobby group at a party fundraiser?
3. What goalie starred for the Canadian men’s Olympic hockey team in 2014?
4. Nominated for ten Oscars in 2014, including Best Picture and Best Actor and Actress, what movie about a financial scam did not receive a single Oscar?
5. What is the best hand a player could have in five-card poker?
6. What village in Lambton County gets its name for the Spanish word for shade?
7. After Lake Superior, what is the largest Great Lake in surface area?
8. For what 1998 film did the late Robin Williams win the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor?
9. What disease is Canada helping to fight by donating up to a thousand doses of an experimental vaccine?
10. Sarnia’s first library in Victoria Park was funded with a donation of $15,000 from what famous American philanthropist in 1902?
– Tom St. Amand
1 – 1988. 2 – PETER MACKAY. 3 – CAREY PRICE. 4 – AMERICAN HUSTLE. 5 – ROYAL FLUSH. 6 – SOMBRA. 7 – LAKE HURON (NEARLY 60,000 SQUARE KILOMETERS). 8 – GOOD WILL HUNTING. 9 – EBOLA. 10 – ANDREW CARNEGIE