Sarnia Police are looking for two suspects following a report of an attempted robbery in the Mitton Village, late Wednesday.
Police say the incident occurred around 11:20 p.m. when a man was walking on Mitton Street.
“Two male parties who emerged from the area of a vacant business accosted the victim, demanding his money and phone,” a news release stated. “The victim was able to run from the area and was not injured during the brief interaction.”
Suspect #1 is described as:
- Approximately 5’9 inches tall,
- Male with a skinny build,
- Wearing a grey hoodie with a blue logo across the center chest area.
- Navy blue facemask.
Suspect #2 is described as:
- Skinny build
- Wearing a grey hoodie, and was wearing a facemask.
Police also posted a list of safety tips for walking/travel:
- Inform others when and where you are going and check in with them when you reach your destination.
- Have your keys ready upon approaching your parked vehicle.
- Walk on well-lit streets near the curb and away from alleys, particularly if you must walk alone at night.
- When in public, always beware of your surroundings. Be mindful of persons loitering or acting suspiciously.
- If you suspect you are being followed, go to the nearest well-lit place or populated area, and
yell if necessary to attract attention.
- When taking public transit alone, avoid waiting or getting off at isolated stations/stops. Arrange for a family member or friend to escort you to and from the station.
Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact the Sarnia Police Criminal Investigations Division at 519-344-8861 x 5300.
Alternatively, if you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).