The Sarnia-Lambton Sports Hall of Fame is welcoming submissions for possible inductees for its class of 2017.
Nominations are being accepted until April 30 in the following categories:
1) Professional athlete.
2) Amateur athlete.
3) Special achievement. Those inducted in this category will have made significant contributions to sports beyond athletic endeavours, such as officiating, coaching, media work or training.
4) Bud Morrison Award, which recognizes those who have made important contributions to youth in their sporting endeavours.
5) Earl MacKenzie Award, which is for people involved in sports for at least 30 years.
6) Team. This usually goes to a club that has won a major championship or performed in an outstanding manner over a period of time.
7) Builder or executive. The individuals or organizations nominated must have contributed to the community in a significant way related to sports and sport development. This could include the development, administration, officiating, on-going operations and/or the development of youth in a positive manner.
Nominations for the class of 2017 should be sent to [email protected] or to any member of the board of directors.
Directors include Pete Coenjarts, Rick Bissonnette, Lyn Forbes, Jan Allardyce, Deb Bissonnette, Jack McEwen, Kevin Devine, Bob Williamson and Dan McCaffery.
Anyone interested in serving as a volunteer director should send a resume to the same address as above or any member of the board.
The 35th annual induction dinner will be held September 23 at Sarnia Golf and Curling Club.