A Lambton driver is facing a slew of charges after a police responded to a suspicious vehicle, found to be stolen, in St. Clair Township, Sunday.
Lambton OPP say the incident occurred around 9:50 a.m. when officers were notified of a suspicious vehicle parked along Telfer Road near Courtright Line.
“Officers attended and observed an individual in the driver’s seat of an un-plated vehicle who appeared to be sleeping,” a news release stated. “It was apparent the driver had consumed an intoxicating substance and was displaying signs of impairment. Officers also learned that the vehicle had been reported stolen and located controlled substances within the vehicle.”
The driver was arrested and transported to the Lambton OPP detachment for a drug recognition evaluation.
As a result, a 43-year-old Lambton Shores resident faces the following charges:
- Operation While Impaired
- Flight from peace officer
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance (two counts),
- Possession of property obtained by crime – over $5000
- Possession of property obtained by crime – under $5000
- Fail to comply with probation order
- Failure to comply with release order
- Operation while prohibited under the Criminal Code.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing.