Sign up for our free weekday bulletin.

Fine dining in Sarnia a century ago

Published on

This swanky-looking dining room with its palm trees and white linen was part of the Vendome Hotel, an impressive red brick building that opened in 1893 at the southeast corner of Front and Cromwell streets.

It was pulled down in 1979 to make way for a parking lot.

This photo, from the Holland Paisley Photographic Collection, was taken circa 1910.

More like this