Visitors to the Sarnia Library are now able to reserve a Connection Cube, for use as a private meeting space for in-person and virtual appointments with government agencies and community organizations.
Installation of the Connection Cube — a private meeting space that comes equipped with an iPad, Wi-Fi, and phone connectivity — was funded by the Sarnia-Lambton Ontario Health Team. It is free to book and can be reserved by visiting Sarnia Library or calling the Library at 519-337-3291.
While a library card is not required to book the space, identification and contact information is required to complete the booking.
“The Sarnia-Lambton OHT is proud to partner with Lambton County Library on this exciting and innovative initiative,” said Steve Pancino, Executive Lead, Sarnia-Lambton OHT.
“A key focus of the OHT’s system navigation work this year was to bring additional access points for health and social services to our community.
“Our hope is that this is the first connection cube of many in Sarnia-Lambton.”
The guidelines for use are as follows:
• Available during regular library hours (up to 15 minutes before closing).
• Maximum 2 hours per day / per person.
• Reservations are recommended.
• Please check in with library staff before using the Connection Cube.
• Maximum capacity is two people.
• Food is not permitted.
• Beverages in closed containers are permitted.
• Connection Cube doors do not lock. Personal belongings should not be left unattended.
Lambton County Library is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
• Patrons using the Connection Cube are expected to leave it clean and in its original condition.