Community

PHOTO OF THE DAY: Sunset over Sarnia Bay

Nadine Wark captured this fiery sunset in Sarnia, recently. "I never cease to be amazed at the incredible sunsets that I see regularly on Sarnia...

Full-scale ‘Show & Sale’ returns this weekend

Tara Jeffrey One of Sarnia’s most popular fundraisers returns this weekend — and it could be their biggest yet. “We’re thrilled to bring the Show &...

PHOTO OF THE DAY: Foggy morning

As a dense fog settled in across the area last week, Frank Rodin captured this morning view under the Blue Water Bridge.   Have a photo...

WHAT’S HAPPENING: The week of Nov. 7

What’s happening events must be open to the public or virtual, of general interest, 60 words or less, and received at least two weeks...

Local PSW program recognized for quality assurance

The Lambton Kent District School Board's Personal Support Worker (PSW) Program, which runs at Sarnia's Alexander Mackenzie Secondary School (AMSS) and Wallaceburg District Secondary School...

Chamber Lunch and Learns aimed at helping businesses grow, succeed

Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce’s Business Education Series Lunch and Learns.  Each month the Chamber of Commerce hosts an informal, educational Lunch and Learn for...

WHAT’S HAPPENING: The Week of Oct. 31

What’s happening events must be open to the public or virtual, of general interest, 60 words or less, and received at least two weeks...

PHOTO OF THE DAY: ‘Shelter from the storm’

Shaun Antle calls this photo, taken in Canatara Park, 'Refuge From Life's Storms.' "During a drizzly day...I came across a sight that reminded me, we...

PHOTO OF THE DAY: New U.S. Navy Combat Ship passing through

Journal staff The USS Cooperstown, a Freedom-variant littoral combat ship of the United States Navy, made its way up the St. Clair River this week. "Forty...

Suncor’s Sarnia Refinery celebrating its 70th Anniversary

Over the past 70 years, we have been proud to be part of and support the Sarnia-Lambton community and you have given just as much back...